Show Notes Writer
We’re looking for an exceptional writer who obsesses over the details. More about what that actually means below.
Note: I saw this in a job description from Jay Acunzo, and it was so perfect I decided to steal it!
There once was a writer named [Your Name],
Who wanted a career doing [What You Like That ALSO Rhymes w/ Your Name],
They worked with Podcast Royale for a bit,
Now all their work’s the shit,
And today, they’re happy as a [Something That Rhymes With Lines 1 and 2]
Here’s the point: When the created work is missing a few key details, or those details aren’t quite as good as they could be, no matter how small they are, the whole damn thing suffers.
If you're an exceptional writer who loves what you do and cares about producing great work, then read on!
About the role
At Podcast Royale, we produce and market podcasts for clients in a variety of industries. Beyond being an excellent writer, you need the ability to write for industries with which you are unfamiliar. You know how to ask questions and solve problems without being micromanaged.
That said, it would be great if you have experience in any of the following industries:
- Wed design and development
- Financial planning
We offer steady work, a process-driven environment, and a team that will support you and help you do your best work.
This role is part-time, with the ability to grow. To start, you will be writing show notes for approximately 10 podcast episodes per week.
We are 100% remote, but some overlap of the EST time zone is preferred.
You will be a great fit for our team if:
- You are reliable.
- Our business is deadline-driven. You will have weekly deadlines that you must be able to meet without exception.
- You are a great communicator.
- Our team is entirely remote, and the ability to communicate in a clear and timely manner is essential.
- You are (truly) an outstanding writer.
- You know how to uncover and communicate the big ideas behind an audio conversation and turn them into a compelling article.
- You obsess over the details.
- You do your best work, every time - checking your own quality before passing your work to others.
- You not only take pride in what you do, but you enjoy it as well.
- You are a serial tinkerer and relentlessly pursue your curiosity.
- You are proficient with platforms and tools such as WordPress, G Suite, Dropbox, Libsyn, Github, Markdown, etc.
- You are willing to work within established systems, checklists, and processes.
Podcast Royale is a podcast production and marketing company. We launched in 2018, and focus mostly on B2B companies who believe in the power of great storytelling.
We are a small team and operate with the following values:
- Love what you do
- Be really good at it
- Provide a truly exceptional customer experience
How to apply
Send me a message with the following (be sure not to leave anything out):
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your website/blog
- Your all-time favorite writing sample (just one, personal or professional). The client doesn’t matter. Send something you’re proud of and represents the kind of work you can produce on a regular basis.
- Share links to any side projects that you created just for fun (written, or otherwise).