We’re looking for exceptional content and project managers who obsess over the details.
We are a very detail-oriented, process-driven company, and this role requires a high level of attention to detail.
If you're an exceptional project manager with a love for content and making sure all our systems and processes run smoothly and efficiently, then read on!
What is Podcast Royale?
Podcast Royale is a podcast production and marketing company. We produce and market podcasts for clients in a variety of industries. Experience or interest in any of the following industries would be very helpful:
- Financial planning
- Wed design and development
We offer steady work in a process-driven environment.
- This is not a one-off or short-term project. We are interested in long-term relationships that grow over time.
- We are 100% remote, but some overlap with the EST time zone is preferred.
What is the Content Manager role?
You’re an awesome content and project manager. You’re highly organized, on time, an effective communicator, and an even better listener.
In addition to content management, down the road, there could also be opportunities to step into our other roles, such as writing, copyediting and/or podcasting assignments.
So if you’re also a strong writer with experience in content marketing, blog writing, managing a content calendar, and working with other writers, then you’re probably a great fit for this role. Podcasting experience is a plus, but not required.
Primary responsibilities as Content Manager will include:
- Communicating with clients via email, Slack, and Zoom
- Communicating with the team via email, Slack, and Zoom
- Managing milestones, deadlines, and deliverables of various team members (audio engineers, show notes writers, reviewers, etc.)
- Managing podcast content calendar
- Scheduling episodes to publish on various platforms
- Quality assurance
- Content and podcast strategy
- Writing procedures and other docs in Google Docs and ProcessKit
- Writing and teaching what you’re best at
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Google Docs
- ConvertKit for email marketing (and other email marketing tools)
You must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
You need to be curious and never satisfied with “good enough”. You must know how to ask questions and solve problems without being micromanaged.
You must be an excellent communicator, and know how to uncover and express the big ideas from a team conversation, client, or podcast episode.
You must have excellent communication skills!
The ideal candidate
We value attention to detail, commitment, and a positive "can-do" attitude. You will be a great fit for our team if:
- You are reliable. Our business is deadline-driven. You will have weekly deadlines that you must be able to meet without exception.
- You are a great communicator. Our team is entirely remote, and the ability to communicate in a clear and timely manner is essential.
- You are an outstanding writer. You know how to uncover and communicate the big ideas behind an audio conversation and turn them into a compelling article.
- You obsess over the details.
- You do your best work, every time - checking your own quality before passing your work to others.
- You enjoy your work.
- You are proficient with platforms and tools such as:
- G Suite
- You are able to work within established systems and processes, and eager to grow and improve your craft.
How to apply
*NOTE: This is quite an intense application process. This is intentional because it weeds out all of the applicants who are not serious and just want to blast their resumes to us.
While this application will take you time, we guarantee that if you apply and follow the instructions, your application will be viewed and considered.
- Create a Google Doc for your application. Keep it well organized and easy to digest.
- Include the following:
- URL of your website, portfolio, or favorite social profile
- Write a cover letter that sells me on why I should hire you for this position over anyone else.
- Record an application video or audio message (video is preferred).
- Use your webcam or cell phone to record an application video or audio message.
- This video or audio message should be at maximum 60 seconds long (not a second longer).
- As the first word of your video or audio message say “Hello”, and as the last word of your message say “Goodbye”.
- In the content of the video or audio, persuade me on why you are a good fit for this role.
- Upload your video or audio to Dropbox. If you do not have an account, create a free one and upload the file there. Add the dropbox link as the very final item of your Google Doc.
- If you have experience writing, editing, or podcasting, please provide examples of your work.
- Three to five examples of work you are proud of and can replicate on a regular basis.
- Describe your experience with content marketing.
- Describe a big project that you recently managed, the steps and people involved, and your approach to making it a success.
- Describe 3 tools that you find essential to your workday, and how you use each one in your workflow.
- How many hours per week are you available? What would be your ideal?
- We are interested in long-term relationships. We don't have a minimum requirement, but we are more interested in people who want to grow with us over time.
- When are you available to start?
- What are your hobbies? And what do you love about them?
- We want to get to know a little bit about you and how you enjoy spending your time.
- Which blogs, podcasts, books, or people do you follow (and why)?
- Provide as much detail as you like. We want to know what you enjoy and what inspires you.
- What's you're favorite movie of all time?
- If you're not a movie fan, list your favorite book, or TV show, or album.
- Send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line should read “PR Content Manager: YOUR NAME”.
- The body of the email should include a link to the Google Doc and nothing else.